Napa Valley Bed and Breakfast Retreat - Experience Serenity at our Timeless Estate
Welcome to Arbor Guest House Bed & Breakfast... a timeless estate outside the bounds of bother or care in the heart of California wine country. Our Napa inn has five rooms with all the modern conveniences and a tasteful sprinkling of antiques, as well as a cozy living room to while away the pleasant hours with wine and nosh. The vibrant gardens have a resonance of tranquility and gaiety, with a quaint little gazebo, vine-draped walkways, and sprawling decks washed with golden California sunshine. Here, you can slip seamlessly into blissful reveries, play a game of bocce ball, or simply admire the golden flecks of sunshine in your paramour’s eyes.
A Healthy, Cheerful Start to Your Morning
Take your breakfast with a dose of California sunshine in our dazzlingly sunlit dining room. There, you will find yourself dining at one of several picturesque bistro tables, peering out over the splendor of our gentleman’s vineyard over a delectable, three course epicurean journey: Panettone French Toast, Chili-Cheese Puffs, Potato-Leek Frittatas... everything your taste buds dream of and more.
Afterward, take a cup of coffee onto the sprawling wraparound deck where your eyes will have the same pleasure in viewing the scenery as your mouth had in enjoying the meal.
Recline into Luxury in Our Plush Guest Suites
Our rooms are five gracefully decorated chambers, furnished with all the modern amenities you desire. Lounging in our elegant beds, surrounded by graceful furniture, a flat screen TV, an iPod docking station, a romantic fireplace, and free Wi-Fi access, you will feel like nothing less than modern kings and queens.
Arbor Guest House History
William Rumble, a farmer in Plainwell, Michigan, moved to Sonoma in 1883. His wife, Sarah, and daughter, Jessie, joined him in 1884. After several years of living with an uncle, Obadiah Chart, a Sonoma vintner and landowner, the Rumbles moved to Napa. In 1887, they bought the land on which the Arbor Guest House now sits. William was lather, a trade which served him well as he built his new home. He finished building the house in 1905.
In the mid-1880s, the Rumbles became members of the Salvation Army. They were founding members of the Napa Corps and among the first members of the faith in northern California. For more than sixty years, they worked with orphans, prisoners, and the less fortunate of the community. Their son, Everett, nicknamed “Pat,” once recalled that “...every person in town who needed a handout knew the way to our door. Mom always found some food for them.”
Today, we try to keep the Rumbles’ spirit of hospitality alive through our impeccable service, our welcoming home, and our warm candor.
Arbor Guest House B&B Policies
• Above rates are based on double occupancy and are subject to tax.
• A two or three night minimum stay is required on some weekends during the summer and fall
and specified holidays..
• We accept Visa, MasterCard, AmEx, Discover, mailed check/money order at least ten days prior to reserved date.
• Check-in: Between 3 and 6 p.m. unless special arrangements have been made. Checkout: 11 a.m.
• Arbor Guest House is a smoke-free property.
• Sorry, no pets please.
• Due to the modest size of our Inn, we are greatly affected by untimely cancellations. Once your reservation is made, if you should have to cancel at any point, there will be a $35 processing fee per room that will be charged to your credit card. If you are unable to cancel 14 days prior to your scheduled arrival, you will be charged a fee equal to a) 1 night or b) 50% of the total reservation, whichever is greater, if we are unable to re-book your room(s). Cancellations of groups of three or more rooms require notice of at least 30 days and one room night’s deposit. No credit or refunds will be given for early departures unless we are able to re-book your room(s). No-shows are charged for the full scheduled stay.